Episode 15: "'We the People:' Constitution Making in Philly"
· Beeman, Richard. Plain, Honest Men: The Making of the American Constitution. New York: Random House, 2009.
· Brands, H.W. The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin. New York: Anchor Books, 2002.
· Broadwater, Jeff. James Madison: A Son of Virginia and a Founder of the Nation. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2012. Accessed March 22, 2018. ProQuest Ebook Central.
· Brookhiser, Richard. James Madison. New York: Basic Books, 2011. Accessed March 22, 2018. ProQuest Ebook Central.
· Ellis, Joseph J. The Quartet: Orchestrating the Second American Revolution, 1783-1789. New York: Knopf, 2015.
· Greene, James M. "Ethan Allen and Daniel Shays: Contrasting Models of Political Representation in the Early Republic." Early American Literature 48, no. 1 (2013): 125-51.
· Gross, Robert A. "A Yankee Rebellion? The Regulators, New England, and the New Nation." The New England Quarterly 82, no. 1 (2009): 112-35.
· Kurland, Philip B. and Ralph Lerner, eds. The Founders’ Constitution, Volume 4, Article 7, Document 3. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2000.
· Kuroda, Tadahisa. The Origins of the Twelfth Amendment: The Electoral College in the Early Republic, 1787-1804. Westport: Greenwood Press, 1994.
· Lloyd, Gordon. “The Constitutional Convention.” teachingamericanhistory.com. Accessed March 19, 2018.
· Madison, James. “Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention.” The Avalon Project: Documents in Law, History and Diplomacy. Accessed March 2018.
· Richards, Leonard L. Shays’s Rebellion: The American Revolution’s Final Battle. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2002.
· Van Cleve, George William. A Slaveholders’ Union: Slavery, Politics, and the Constitution in the Early American Republic. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010.
· Wood, Gordon S. The Idea of America: Reflections on the Birth of the United States. New York: Penguin Press, 2011.
· Yazawa, Melvin. Contested Conventions: The Struggle to Establish the Constitution and Save the Union, 1787-1789. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2016